Amy
In the past, I have been more active with Wishing Well, a student run organization that aims to provide clean water to rural areas of Africa by building wells. It was started at OC by Ryan Groves, after his brother started the same organization at Pepperdine the year before. Well, this school year I went on Pac Rim, and when I came back I focused more on getting involved in Lambda again to get to know our new girls and participate in Spring Sing. I recently realized how much I miss helping Wishing Well, so today I met with Justin Mauldin, an active leader this year, about ideas that they might be able to use next year.

I had fun preparing for our meeting by writing down ideas that have worked as fundraisers in the past or ways that I thought Wishing Well could get more involved in events that are already going on around campus. It was exciting to see that he was really interested in my ideas, and I hope that next semester I can do more work with them again. Most of my ideas were ways to incorporate clubs into their plans more, so hopefully I can help actually put these plans into motion next year and see the real results of my ideas. I just hope that the clubs will respond positively to the new ideas and get more active with Wishing Well again. When they first started, it was a huge deal on campus, and over time the newness has worn off. That doesn't mean that participation and excitement for Wishing Well should dwindle though. I mean, every year there are 500 new people on campus that aren't "over it" with Wishing Well. Not only with clubs but with the freshmen, on OC's campus alone there are endless possibilities and people that dream of being able to change the world.

So, I dedicate this post to Wishing Well and all the people that are involved and wanting to make big changes in the world. Here's to ideas leading to action leading to huge results.
0 Responses

Post a Comment