Amy
Well, I decided I wanted to give this blog thing a try again back at home. This will probably be even harder for me to keep up with from home with constant, free, high-speed Internet access because there aren't thrilling things to tell from day to day. But, then, I'm sure there's always something for me to throw out there. This will be just a place for me to put whatever random thoughts and confessions I have out there for... probably just me to read later.


Today, I start with my refusal to join Twitter. I was invited by a friend to join today, and I figured I'd read their information page to see if for some reason this time I could be swayed into joining this latest phenomenon. Among their arguments to join, I found these to be the least convincing:

  • Eating soup? Research shows that moms want to know.
  • With Twitter, you can stay hyper–connected to your friends and always know what they’re doing...Twitter puts you in control and becomes a modern antidote to information overload.
Sorry, Mom. If you want to know when I'm eating soup, I'll just text you. Then again, you haven't asked before, and I'm not sure who's moms these researchers were asking. I also appreciate that being hyper-connected is now the antidote to information overload.

I think this all just goes along with a recent Times article about the "25 Random Things About Me" fad chain-letter note on Facebook, in which they claim that this trend, "is threatening to consume what little remaining free time and privacy we have".

So... why am I writing a blog? Certainly not to keep my life private and separate from anyone else's, but as a way to rant, spill, or simply keep a record of whatever seemed important to me today to laugh at later. That is if I even get past post #1.

Other than that rant, I had a test today that I'm pretty sure I failed. Well... looking back, maybe I made a high C. But I studied for that thing like crazy, and as much as I wish I did better, I knew going into it that I was going to walk away feeling second rate. Two more tests this week. Both equally intense. So! On that note, I'll leave you with these wonderful lyrics by Coldplay. This is their song Lost!, but the song Lost+ featuring Jay-Z on the Prospekt's March EP is great too.

Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost
Doesn't mean I'll stop
Doesn't mean I would cross

Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
Doesn't mean I didn't get
What I deserved
No better and no worse

I just got lost
Every river that I tried to cross
Every door I ever tried was locked
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'Cause along may come
A bigger one
And you'll be lost

Every river that you tried to cross
Every gun you ever held went off
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting until the firing stopped
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

[piano solo]

Ohhh and I...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off
Ohhh and I..
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off
0 Responses

Post a Comment