Amy
So, this weekend I decided to get productive. I knocked out my senior seminar paper, which now needs to be revised for my final draft. I'm pretty proud of it though! Then I built a website for our web programming class along with two CSS for it to alternate between. Once we got the meat of the site put in (the data, map, search bar, etc) it looks pretty sweet! Some other groups presented theirs today, and I'm really excited to show off what we put together. I also got a program done from last week, so that was a good weight to get off my shoulders.

This is the big week for Spring Sing, so everything we've been working towards is in overdrive this week, but it also ends with this week. That's intimidating but also a relief. We had club night tonight, and it was a lot of fun to finally see everyone else's shows and to get to show ours off. Until tonight, very few people had seen our show, so it was kind of life a big unveiling for us. We got some GREAT feedback, so as long as we can keep improving as we go, and keep our energy level high without making mistakes along the way, I think we really have a chance of doing pretty well as far as placing goes this year. I'm really excited to see how the chips fall in the end, because from tonight's performances quite a few of the underdogs are stepping up to the plate this year. I would love to see Iota or Pi take home 1st this year, but I also know that some of the big name clubs in Spring Sing may not have been giving 100% tonight, so it could be anyone's game at this point.


I also found out that the directors voted tonight on Unity, which has been my baby for Lambda this year. I'm a little nervous now to see who wins! Either way, it's been SO much fun, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat just to get to hang out with our girls and visit the other clubs. Kappa means business with Unity, and it was worth every penny, minute, and burnt finger along the way. And definitely either way, I will be cheering loudly (although maybe not loudest since I imagine Seth will cheer VERY loudly if they win) along with everyone else.

For now, I need to spend my one day off from Spring Sing wisely to catch up for these next couple of days. It's doable, and I just have to focus hard!

Good news: I accepted my internship for this summer, so I will be back out in DC early in May. Lindsay also applied for an internship with a church out there, so it would be awesome if she gets that and is up there with me!

One last worry/concern: Housing next year. I'll be here one more year before I graduate, while a lot of my friends are graduating now. So, I have to figure out where I'm living. I could live off campus, but I'll have to find other people that are planning to do that. Or I could live on campus, but that costs more, and again....I have to find roommates still. Oh well, I'll worry about that when I have a LITTLE extra time on my hands. :)

Goodnight!
0 Responses

Post a Comment